When you have little ones wandering the house, make sure your home satisfies their curiosity while you keep them safe. This short guide from Redeemed Heating and Cooling will help you keep your little one cozy and safe while giving them plenty of ways to explore and learn as they move through your home. See if there’s anything else you could be doing to protect and cherish your young child. Our specialty is reasonably priced and high quality AC repair and service in Nixa, MO. We know you’re invested in taking care of your little one, and that starts at home.
- Set up safe play zones. Whether you fence in an area or put your child in a playpen, having a safe play zone keeps him or her away from trouble. Make sure the play area offers plenty of stimulation for your little one, especially if you plan to leave them there while cooking or tending to household chores nearby. While it’s not necessary to monitor every second, it’s a good idea to be in earshot and have a close line of sight when you’re working around the house while the little one does some independent play.
- Keep your little one out of harm’s way. Electricity and pinched fingers are your enemies. Use safety covers on all power outlets around the house that aren’t in use. Install cupboard closers if your child likes to explore the contents of cabinets. Without a careful eye, it’s too easy for a child to bump into something under the counter or slam a finger.
- Be ready for the unexpected. Have your medicine cabinet stocked with essentials like diaper cream, bandaids, and bactine or neosporin. As adults, we often let first aid items expire because we don’t use them much. When you need to quickly use these supplies, don’t find yourself shorthanded or using supplies from the 1980s. It’s a good idea to also pack a kit of updated supplies for your diaper bag or to keep at a grandparent’s home.
- Reading and singing soothe your child’s mood and help them learn. Make a bedtime routine of a certain number of stories each night and sing to or with your child. Establishing a set amount of wind-down time will create a comfortable routine for your young one that helps them accept bedtime.
- Find eco-friendly cleaners or make some of your own. If you haven’t already, it’s time to banish harsh cleaners from your home. While there may be occasions for bleach and harsh chemicals, they shouldn’t have a place in your weekly cleaning routine. Chemicals from cleaners can increase allergy symptoms in little ones and reduce air quality. Though a good air filter will remove some cleaning particles from the air, it’s more effective to reduce your usage. Check out natural brands or look into making your own cleaners and adding essential oils to make a pleasant smell.
- The final and very important item to keep your child happy and safe is to keep the temperatures at home comfy and reliable with AC repair and service in Nixa, MO. Change filters every 90 days and get service at least once a year to keep your AC running smoothly and cleaning the air.
Call Redeemed Heating and Cooling today to schedule your AC repair and service in Nixa, MO at 417-241-5687.