Families all around Nixa are getting ready for spring. Some of us are doing our spring cleaning, washing the windows and getting to all the things that are too cold to do over the winter. It’s always nice to have a warm season to look forward to, whether you’re a gardener, like to play sports outside, or just enjoy sitting with sunshine coming through the window while you read a book.
Here at Redeemed Heating and Cooling, we’re looking forward to all the light coming over the next weeks ahead while we work in the office and as we visit area homes. Let’s make sure you’re ready to get into the warm weather and stay cool indoors with AC repair service in Nixa, MO. We’re even offering a $20 service call special so get your AC checked and make sure. Here are some of the telltale signs your AC needs a repair. Make sure you let it run for a while to test this if it’s been awhile since you used the cool air function.
- The air isn’t coming out as cool as it did last year. When you notice a change in the temperature output on your AC even at full blast, your AC might need a recharge of coolant or a tune up.
- Weak Airflow. When very little air is coming through the vents and registers, the compressor on your AC may have a malfunction or need replacement. If you notice some rooms are getting cool while others aren’t, though, it could be lose duct work causing the problem.
- Moisture issues. Leakage or moisture around the air conditioner is never a good sign. While it could be a blocked or broken drain tube that carries condensation out of your air conditioner, there are other possibilities. Make sure to address issues like leaking water or ice forming on the unit as they can cause major damage. If you have a refrigerant leak, call a technician right away.
- Unusual sounds. Hearing your AC make a grating, clinking, or screeching sound mean something inside isn’t working right. Whether you need replacement of a part or the whole unit, ignoring the problem won’t make it go away, but it will speed up a breakdown. It’s best to call for a checkup when you hear these kinds of signs.
- Thermostat trouble. Sometimes your thermostat will need to be rescued with your AC. Even if the AC is fine, a thermostat issue can cause temperature variations between rooms. Don’t worry, this is usually not a big hassle to fix.
- Unpleasant odors. A musty smell could mean mold inside your unit and ductwork that should be taken care of so it doesn’t get worse and circulate the home. A strong, pungent odor coming from vents probably means the wire insulation in your AC burned out.
Call Redeemed Heating and Cooling today for timely and reasonably priced AC repair service in Nixa, MO at 417-241-5687.